If your question is not answered here please contact us via our contact page
The course has been curated by Liz Gleeson, an Irish Psychotherapist who has three Masters degrees in Mental Health, including one in Bereavement and Loss. Liz specialises in Loss and Grief and is highly experienced both clinically and in education.
Liz has invited global experts from around the world to contribute to the course. These are the people at the forefront of grief research, clinical practice, literature and education. This is the first time that so many experts with such calibre have been brought together in an online course like this.
This is the very best online Grief Training programme of its kind. It is delivered by the best grief specialists in the world and is based on decades of evidence-based knowledge and research.
The course is fully online. It is pre-recorded, so you can sign-up and log in whenever suits you.
You can take your time doing the course and complete it at your own pace, but within six months of purchase. After six months, you may renew your subscription for a much-reduced cost. You will be sent an email inviting you to renew, but you will not be automatically re-subscribed or charged.
After taking level 1, you will become Grief-Literate or Grief-Informed. If you take more than level one, you will be grief-trained to intermediate level, or advanced level, if you also take level 3. UK bereavement standards recommend that anyone planning to professionally support people who are grieving or bereaved, undertake at least 30 hours of grief training or education beforehand. This course adheres to UK bereavement standard recommendations by offering 40 hours+.
To obtain your CPD points, after each level, you must complete a multiple choice quiz. When you get 80% or above correct, you will be able to download a certificate of completion for that level. If you successfully complete all quizzes, you can download an overall Professional Certificate in loss and grief.
Yes, you can move between the levels without completing the lectures or the quizzes, but you won’t obtain a CPD cert in this way.
It is recommended to engage at least 2 hours per week with the programme. It may be helpful, but not necessary, to sign-up with a friend or group of colleagues and follow the course together, finding time to discuss your learning as you go along.
No. Unless you are already a qualified and accredited counsellor or psychotherapist, this course will not give you that qualification. If you want to become a counsellor, you must do a counselling course. If you are already a counsellor, this training will allow you to say "Grief-Trained Counsellor", "Grief-Literate Psychotherapist" or "Grief-Aware Psychotherapist", etc.
You will become so much more grief-aware and grief literate after completing this course. Your approach to how you support people who grieve will likely change considerably and you will probably feel a lot more comfortable being around people who grieve.
No. Anybody can do this course. It is presented in an understandable and accessible way. If you are grieving and you want to understand the landscape of loss, this course will help you.
Please email us with your query, we like to make sure that the course is available and accessible to as many people as possible.
- Begin with the first lesson or topic by clicking on its title.
- After watching the content, ensure you click on the 'Mark as Complete' button to register your progress.
- You can track your progress on the Course dashboard. Each completed lesson or topic will be marked as done.
- You may complete each topic / lesson in the order you choose.
- You may navigate between lessons using the links in the sidebar or from the Course dashboard.
- Before proceeding to the Course Quiz, please complete the Feedback form provided.
- Your insights help us improve the course content and delivery for future learners.
- Once you've filled out and submitted the form, hit Complete. You can then move on to the Course Quiz.
- Each Course contains a Quiz at the end of the course.
- Navigate to the 'Quiz' section after completing all lessons, topics, and the Feedback form.
- Read the instructions carefully before starting - Hit 'Start Quiz'
- Answer each question to the best of your ability. Remember, you need an 80% pass mark to succeed.
- Click 'Submit' once you've answered all the questions.
- If you achieve an 80% pass mark or higher on the quiz, you will pass the Course.
- Upon passing, an email will be automatically sent to your registered email address with your Certificate of Completion attached.
- If you don't see the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still can't find it, contact our support team for assistance.
You will need an email address and the ability to pay online using a credit card. Once you have paid for the Course you will be sent login information (Username and password).
The Course is designed to be delivered by video, so please ensure you have an internet connection capable of video streaming.
Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions - by accessing this website you must agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Login to the website and login using the email address and password which were used to set up your account.
Once logged in you will be redirected to a 'Welcome' page where you course subscriptions will be listed. From here start a new Course or commence from where you had left off from.
NB Ensure you are logging in using the email address under which your account was registered.
If you have forgotten your password please go here to reset your password.
Enter your account email address.
You will be sent an email to that address with instructions telling you how to reset your password.
Please check your spam folder if an email has not arrived within a few minutes.
If you have been unable to reset your password, please get in touch via our contact page providing as much information as possible including the email address the account was set up under.
Please get in touch via our contact page providing as much information as possible including the email address your account is set up under.
The best way to listen to our Podcast is through a Podcast app.
iPhone / iPad
For iPhones and iPads, you can use the Apple Podcasts app. It comes installed on most devices, or you can get it from the App Store. In the Podcasts app you search for 'Shapes of Grief' and then hit subscribe.
Alternatively click on this link and the app will open up the Podcast.
For Android phones and tablets go to the Google Play store and download a Podcasting app such as Pocket Cast, Google Podcasts, RadioPublic, or Stitcher. In the Podcasts app search for 'Shapes of Grief' and then hit subscribe. In RadioPublic, click Follow. In Stitcher, click the plus sign to add it to your Favorites List.
You can also subscribe using our RSS feed - use:
Become grief-literate today!
Shapes of Grief Training Programme
Don't know what to do or say when someone is grieving? Afraid you'll make it worse? Become Grief-Trained today & learn how to deliver effective grief support.